Get introduced to the systematic and comprehensive approach to exercise programming for all ages and abilities formulated by the American Council on Exercise (ACE). The ACE Integrated Fitness Training® (ACE IFT®) model is a two-part training plan that uniquely integrates assessments and programming to facilitate client engagement, adherence and behavior change. Learn techniques for improving posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular endurance, and muscle strength.
You will learn:
- To identify and describe the four phases of functional movement and resistance training – stability and mobility, movement, load training, and performance
- Four phases of cardiorespiratory training – aerobic-base, aerobic-efficiency, anaerobic-endurance, and anaerobic-power training
- To implement rapport-building techniques and avoid pitfalls created by overwhelming new clients with ill-time or unnecessary fitness assessments
- Appropriate assessments to find a client’s first and second ventilator thresholds, and then use that information to develop a safe and effective cardiorespiratory training program
- Safe and appropriate progression for clients along the health-fitness-performance continuum