"Core training" has become a buzz phrase in the fitness world. But what does it mean? How does it work? And how can you as a personal trainer, group fitness instructor or other fitness professional develop strategies to use core training as an effective tool for your clients’ goals? In this webinar recorded live on September 24, 2009, Pete McCall (ACE Exercise Physiologist) explains the techniques to design a core training program that prepares the body to produce, stabilize and control force in a three-dimensional environment – the way the muscles naturally work on a daily basis. Enjoy the benefits of an ACE instructor in the comfort of your own home through this convenient recorded webinar.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the anatomy of the core.
- Categorize the muscles responsible for providing mobility and stability of the core.
- Understand how to assess muscular endurance of the core muscles.
- Identify the stages of progression for designing an exercise program for core muscles.
- Design an exercise program to enhance endurance, strength and power of the core.