Use YogaFit®, hybrid yoga-fitness program, to develop muscle strength and endurance throughout all major muscle groups in the body. Incorporate hand weights, body bars and innovative yoga pose sequencing to enhance muscle toning, shaping and an overall feeling of mind-body strength. Enhance poses and postures already performed in YogaFit® by combining multi-joint exercises with added resistance or adding isometric contractions while performing isotonic movements.
You will learn:
- Key elements of YogaFit®, and how the program can be used to develop muscle strength and endurance throughout the body
- Safe and effective teaching techniques for YogaStrength® poses, exercises and sequencing
- Benefits of YogaStrength® for fitness-minded clients new to yoga, experienced yogis who want more variety, athletes looking to combine yoga and strength training or inexperienced participants who need build muscle strength in a non-competitive environment
- To understand muscle action and how to sequence a balanced YogaStrength® class
- Communicate safe and effective combinations of isotonic strength training with isometric strength in yoga postures
This course is included in our Mind Body Specialty Certification.
Learn more about how you can become a specialist. »