Metabolic training is one of the hottest workout styles today. While many trainers know 'what' exercises to do, they may not fully understand the physiological principles that support these training philosophies. Learn strategies to help clients overcome plateaus and achieve weight-loss goals with high-intensity metabolic conditioning. With the success of popular HIIT programs, it's no secret that high-intensity drills and movements can help clients shed pounds. This interactive workshop gives you the tools to deliver those sessions in a safe, effective, and fun way that keeps your clients coming back for more.
You will learn:
- To explain a personal trainer’s scope of practice for providing nutritional advice to clients
- How identifying Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) can determine the optimal level of caloric intake for promoting weight loss
- Role of macronutrients and how they relate to physical activity
- To estimate the energy cost of exercise using Metabolic Equivalents (METs)
- Program design using the ACE Integrated Fitness Training® (ACE IFT®) model for clients who want to lose weight
Please note that there are no pre-requisite educational requirements for the Metabolic Training workshop.
For registration questions, please call ACE’s Educational Services Team at 800-825-3636 ext. 782. For details on refunds or rescheduling your workshop, please view the ACE Refund/Reschedule Policy.