Register for Your ACE Exam
Computer-based testing sites are found in hundreds of cities worldwide. For more information on what to expect on your exam, check out the ACE Certification Candidate Handbook.
Take a Computer-Based Exam
Find An Exam Location
Computer-based exams are the most popular format due to convenience and the vast number of locations that offer them. The electronic format also allows you to receive your results instantly.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must hold a current, government-issued photo I.D.
- Must meet the eligibility requirements to sit for desired exam as stated in the ACE Certification Candidate Handbook
- Must hold a CPR/AED certification at time of registration that will still be valid on exam date. Course must include a live skills check. Online-only CPR/AED not accepted.
- Must register at least 10 days prior to exam
- May register either online (preferred) or by Mail
First-time exam only pricing is $249 for Group Fitness Instructor exam, $399 for Personal Trainer and Health Coach exams, and $499 for Medical Exercise Specialist exam
For more details on the cost of our exams, eligibility requirements, rescheduling, our cancellation policy, retakes and special accommodations, check out our FAQs.