April 26, 2013 | Exam Preparation Blog
7 Things You Should Know About Exam Registration
If you've recently purchased your Personal Trainer Study Bundle, there are a few important things to remember as you start preparing for your exam—7 things, to be exact. From expiration dates to CPR/AED certification, here's what you need to know as you get closer to taking your exam.
- Your exam voucher is not a tangible item. All three of our Personal Trainer Study Bundles—Standard, Premium and Premium Plus—come with an Exam Voucher. When you received your box of materials, you may have looked through its contents, wondering where the exam voucher was located. The exam voucher is not lost somewhere between the books because it’s not actually a tangible item—rather, it is electronic and is automatically dropped into your ACE account when you purchase your bundle. To view your exam voucher, log into your ACE account and go to “My Vouchers.”
- Your exam voucher has an expiration date. It will expire six months from the date of purchase. If you don’t remember when you purchased your package, the expiration date is displayed under the “My Vouchers” section in your ACE account. Don’t worry about keeping track of the expiration date; as you progress through your studies, ACE will send out email notifications to remind you to register for your exam as your voucher expiration date draws closer.
- You do not have to take your exam by the expiration date. Even though your voucher expires six months from the purchase date, this does not mean you must take your exam before that date—you only have to schedule your exam before it expires. This means you may schedule your ACE exam on ANY available date posted on the ACE website, even if the testing date is beyond the voucher expiration date! Please don’t let your voucher expire, however, without scheduling your exam as extensions are not permitted.
- You must hold a valid CPR/AED certificate prior to registering for any computer-based exam. Once you have completed your studies and are ready to schedule your ACE exam, you must make sure you have a current CPR/AED certification. It is a requirement to complete this before registering for your exam. Once you have either found your card or taken the course, simply log in to your ACE account, go to “My Exam Information” and get registered!
- You must bring your admissions ticket to the exam. Once you’ve successfully completed the registration process, you’ll receive an order receipt and a confirmation email with your exam date. Please follow the instructions in the confirmation email to locate and print your exam admissions ticket from your ACE account. You can locate all pertinent exam information, including your admissions ticket, under the “My Exam Information” area of your ACE account. Simply print your admissions ticket to bring it with you on exam day, along with a valid photo ID.
- You can still take the test if your voucher has expired—for a fee. You may still register for the ACE Exam at a discounted rate of $199.00. This special rate will be available one year from your voucher expiration date and the discount will be applied upon check out.
- ACE Exam vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cancellation of a scheduled ACE Exam where a voucher has been used is also non-refundable.
Do you have any additional questions about your voucher that are not answered in this blog? Please don’t hesitate to contact Exam Registration at 1-800-825-3636, Ext. 783.