- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon walnut oil
- 12 ounces haricots verts, (see Ingredient Note) or green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 cups mâche, (see Ingredient Note) or Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
To prepare dressing: Whisk shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
Cook haricots verts (or green beans), uncovered, in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender; 3 to 4 minutes for haricots verts, 4 to 6 minutes for green beans. Drain, refresh under cold water and pat dry.
Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
To prepare salad: Combine the beans, tomatoes and parsley in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing. Divide mâche (or lettuce) among 6 salad plates. Spoon bean mixture onto the greens, sprinkle with the walnuts and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 135
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 827mg
- Sodium: 142mg
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: