- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium red onions, (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut into 16 wedges each
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain.
Add broth to the onions; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Add the beans, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Serve warm.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 82
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 265mg
- Sodium: 109mg
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1