- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pasteurized egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
Peel potatoes, then grate them through the large holes of a box grater into a large bowl. Squeeze in small batches between your hands over the sink to remove excess moisture. Then grate onion into the bowl through the same holes in the box grater.
Stir in garlic, basil, egg substitute, cheese, oil, salt and pepper. Place a generous 1/2 cup of the potato mixture into each muffin cup, packing the mixture firmly.
Bake the latkes until lightly browned and firm, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 215
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 8g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Potassium: 927mg
- Sodium: 519mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2