- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag. Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
Bake on the center rack for 7 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 5 minutes more. Serve hot.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 127
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 524mg
- Sodium: 427mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2