- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup halved grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small clov garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds wild-caught salmon fillet, (see Note), skinned and cut crosswise into 4 portions
- 2 medium zucchini, or summer squash (or 1 of each), halved lengthwise
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat grill to medium.
Process almonds, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, oil, vinegar, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth; set aside.
Coat salmon and zucchini (and/or summer squash) on both sides with cooking spray, then sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill, turning once, until the salmon is just cooked through and the squash is soft and browned, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer the squash to a clean cutting board. When cool enough to handle, slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss in a bowl with half of the reserved sauce. Divide the squash among 4 plates along with a piece of salmon topped with some of the remaining sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Potassium: 871mg
- Sodium: 601mg
- Exchanges: 1 1 2/ vegetable, 4 lean-meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2