- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 small clov garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 new or baby red potatoes
- 10 ounces strip steak, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 poblano pepper, or 1/2 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
Combine cilantro, vinegar, sour cream, garlic, chile powder, cumin and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Preheat grill to high.
Place potatoes in a microwave-safe container. Cover and microwave on High until just tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes.
Toss the potatoes, steak and pepper pieces with oil and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Thread the potatoes, steak, peppers and onion chunks onto 4 skewers. Grill, turning once or twice, until the steak reaches desired doneness, about 6 minutes for medium. Serve the kebabs with the reserved sauce.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 269
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Potassium: 769mg
- Sodium: 368mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1