- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoon red-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 small clov garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 new or baby red potatoes
- 1 1/4 pounds strip steak, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 poblano peppers, or 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
Combine cilantro, vinegar, sour cream, garlic, chile powder, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Preheat grill to high.
Place potatoes in a microwave-safe container. Cover and microwave on High until just tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes.
Toss the potatoes, steak and pepper pieces with oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Thread the potatoes, steak, peppers and onion chunks onto 8 skewers. Grill, turning once or twice, until the steak reaches desired doneness, about 6 minutes for medium. Serve the kebabs with the reserved sauce.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 271
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Potassium: 786mg
- Sodium: 368mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 4 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1