- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp, (51-60 per pound; see Shopping Tip)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hot dog buns, or small sub rolls, split
- 4 tomato slices, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Combine cabbage, relish, mayonnaise and yogurt in a medium bowl.
Toss shrimp with 2 teaspoons oil, chili powder, paprika and pepper in a medium bowl. Place the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small bowl. Dip a pastry brush in water, then in the oil and lightly brush the inside of each bun (or roll).
Place a grill basket (see Kitchen Tip) on the grill. Add the shrimp and spread in a single layer. Grill, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Open the buns and grill, turning once, until toasted on both sides, about 1 minute total.
To assemble the sandwiches, divide tomato and onion among the buns. Spread about 1/3 cup cabbage mixture down the middle of each and top with about 1/2 cup grilled shrimp.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 322
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Potassium: 490mg
- Sodium: 522mg
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2