- 1 large head garlic
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon balsamic or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Rub off the excess papery skin from garlic without separating the cloves. Slice the tips
off the head (or heads), exposing the ends of the cloves. Place the garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and wrap into a package. Put in a baking dish and bake until the garlic is very soft, 40 minutes to 1 hour. Unwrap and let cool slightly.
Squeeze the garlic pulp into a blender or food processor (discard the skins). Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper and blend or process until smooth.
- Serving: Per 2-tablespoon serving
- Calories: 154
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 71mg
- Sodium: 77mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2