- 1/2 small avocado, pitted (see Tips for Two)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon blackening or Cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 2 portions
- 2 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Preheat grill to high. Oil grill rack (see Tip).
Mash together avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl with a fork.
Rub blackening (or Cajun) seasoning on both sides of salmon. Grill until just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread the avocado mixture on the bottom halves of each roll. Top with the salmon, arugula, tomato and onion.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 431
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fat: 16g
- Protein: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Potassium: 774mg
- Sodium: 756mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2