- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces cooked lump crabmeat, (fresh or frozen and thawed), drained and picked over (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese, (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10-inch pie pan or ceramic quiche dish with cooking spray.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet and heat over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have softened and most of their liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Add to the bowl with the onion mixture.
Place eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese, yogurt, flour, Parmesan, cayenne, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Add to the vegetable mixture, along with crab, Cheddar and scallions; mix with a rubber spatula. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
Bake the quiche until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 225
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Potassium: 355mg
- Sodium: 661mg
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 very lean meat, 1 high-fat meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1