- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 8 ounces), trimmed and tenders removed (see Tip)
Whisk syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small, shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 186
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 1g
- Protein: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Potassium: 361mg
- Sodium: 343mg
- Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 4 very lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1