- 3 large pink or ruby-red grapefruits
- 6 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into tiny pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Position oven rack about 5 inches from broiler; preheat broiler.
Slice the stem end and opposite end off each grapefruit. Stand the grapefruit, one cut-end down, on a work surface. Cut off the rind and pith with a sharp knife, making sure to remove all the white pith. Cut each fruit into 4 rounds, about 1/2 inch thick, by making slices parallel to the ones you made on the top and bottom.
Place the slices in a large baking pan in a single layer. Top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, dot with butter and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Broil the grapefruit until bubbling and starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Drizzle pan juices over each serving.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 121
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Potassium: 215mg
- Sodium: 5mg
- Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2