- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 large plum tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed (see Tips for Two)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Combine salsa and sour cream in a large bowl.
Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add beef (or turkey) and cook, stirring often, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add tomato, beans, cumin, chili powder and salt; cook, stirring, until the tomato begins to break down, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in cilantro and 2 tablespoons of the salsa mixture.
Add lettuce to the remaining salsa mixture and toss to coat. Divide the lettuce between 2 plates, top with the cooked meat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 343
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Potassium: 737mg
- Sodium: 851mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: