- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 2 14-ounce c no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp, (31-35 per pound; thawed if frozen), tails removed if desired
- 6 cups thinly sliced escarole (about 1 small head; see No
- 1 16-ounce t prepared plain polenta, sliced into 8 rounds
- 8 oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped (optional)
Preheat grill to high.
Place 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is sizzling and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until juicy, about 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp and escarole; cook, stirring, until the escarole is wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.
Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill polenta slices until hot and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Divide the sauce among 4 shallow bowls or plates. Top with the polenta slices, sprinkle with olives (if using) and drizzle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 293
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 229mg
- Potassium: 552mg
- Sodium: 634mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1