- 3 tablespoon canola oil, or toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 raw shrimp, (8-12 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 2 plums, pitted and cut into sixths
Whisk oil, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and salt in a large bowl. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a small bowl to use as dressing. Add shrimp, jalapeños and plums to the remaining marinade; toss to coat.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Make 4 kebabs, alternating shrimp, jalapeños and plums evenly among four 10-inch skewers. (Discard the marinade.) Grill the kebabs, turning once, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Drizzle with the reserved dressing.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 194
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 221mg
- Potassium: 292mg
- Sodium: 446mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0