- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 scallions, finely sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1 cup spring or filtered water
- 2 tablespoon canola oil, plus 1 tablespoon for oiling the skillet
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Sift 2 cups flour, salt and baking powder together into a large bowl. Add scallions and stir to blend. Make a well in the center; add water, 2 tablespoons canola oil and sesame oil. Work the flour in toward the center with a spoon to incorporate the dry and wet ingredients. Turn the soft dough out onto a floured work surface and knead, using some or all of the remaining 1 cup flour, until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Wrap in plastic and let rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces. Form into balls, then flatten and roll out into 8-inch circles.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush the pan with canola oil and cook the flat breads until just golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. (When the breads begin to form bubbles here and there, it's time to flip.) Serve hot.
- Serving: Per flat bread
- Calories: 151
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 65mg
- Sodium: 281mg
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2