- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
Whisk eggs, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and scallions and cook, stirring constantly, until the scallions are just wilted, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Dot the top of the frittata with cheese, transfer the pan to the oven and broil until puffy and lightly golden on top, 2 to 3 minutes. Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving. Serve hot or cold.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 179
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 286mg
- Potassium: 200mg
- Sodium: 326mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 medium fat meat, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0