- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded fontina or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups packed coarsely chopped arugula
- 1 cup chopped tomato
Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, prosciutto and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, until the onion is beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
Spread the onion mixture evenly over the crust and top with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with arugula and tomato.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 306
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Potassium: 140mg
- Sodium: 600mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2