- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce, (see Ingredient Note), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 12-ounce b fresh vegetable medley, such as carrots, broccoli, snow peas (see Shopping Tip)
Put a large pot of water on to boil.
Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chile-garlic sauce and ginger in a large bowl.
Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 1 minute less than specified in the package directions. Add vegetables and cook until the pasta and vegetables are just tender, 1 minute more. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Rinse the pasta and vegetables with cool water to refresh. Stir the reserved cooking liquid into the peanut sauce; add the pasta and vegetables; toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 95mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2