- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 pound tomatillos, (see Tip), husks removed, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 15-ounce c reduced-sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cooked and peeled shrimp, chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives, chopped
- 2 scallions,, sliced
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Coarsely chop half the cucumber and half the avocado and place in a food processor. Add tomatillos, bell pepper, jalapeño to taste and the garlic. Process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in broth, sugar and salt.
Dice the remaining cucumber and avocado and place in a medium bowl. Add shrimp, olives and scallions. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; gently toss to combine.
Ladle the gazpacho into bowls and top each portion with about 3/4 cup of the shrimp salad.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 329
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fat: 19g
- Protein: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 174mg
- Potassium: 962mg
- Sodium: 597mg
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 3 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2