- 1/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 dried figs, stems trimmed, chopped
- 1 pound sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup herb & garlic creamy cheese spread, such as
Place vinaigrette and figs in a blender or food processor; process until blended. Place in a large sealable plastic bag with steak and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
Preheat grill to medium.
Remove the steak from the marinade; discard marinade. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare depending on thickness. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Season with salt and pepper, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, warm cheese in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, until melted. Carve the steak into thin slices. Serve each portion with a dollop of the cheese sauce.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 226
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Potassium: 305mg
- Sodium: 328mg
- Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0