- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/8-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 8-ounce ca pineapple chunks or rings, drained and coarsely ch
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 pounds haddock, or Pacific cod, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 8 slices whole-wheat country bread, toasted
Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and crushed red pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Add pineapple and coleslaw mix and stir to combine.
Place cornmeal in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of fish with Cajun seasoning and salt. Dredge the fish in the cornmeal.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the fish and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and fish, adjusting heat as necessary to prevent burning.
Top toasted bread with the fish and pineapple slaw to make sandwiches. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 425
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 44g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Potassium: 865mg
- Sodium: 684mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 4 1/2 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2