- 8 ounces beef top round, trimmed
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 14-ounce c reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Slice beef across the grain into thin strips. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a Dutch oven over high heat. Add beef and cook until browned on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium.
Add 1 teaspoon oil to the pot. Add onion and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, flour and paprika; cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Add broth, mustard and the reserved beef. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot and transfer to the oven. Bake the stroganoff until the beef is very tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add bell peppers and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the mushroom liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the vegetables and sour cream to the stroganoff; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 206
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Potassium: 839mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1