- 2 large head garlic
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (see Tip)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped California Ripe Olives
- 1 4-ounce ja sliced pimientos, rinsed
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, or scallion greens, plus more for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Rub off excess papery skin from the garlic heads without separating cloves. Slice the tips off each head, exposing the cloves. Place garlic heads on a square of aluminum foil, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon water and pinch edges of foil together to make a package. Roast until garlic flesh is very soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Unwrap garlic and let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, over medium heat until potatoes are tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain well; transfer to a large bowl. Toss gently with the vinegar and let cool.
When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the pulp into a food processor or blender. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; blend until smooth.
Add the dressing to the potatoes and toss to coat. Finely chop 3 eggs and add to the potatoes along with the celery, olives, pimientos, parsley and chopped chives (or scallion greens). Stir gently to mix. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the paprika. Slice the remaining egg and arrange the slices decoratively on top. Garnish with more chives and/or parsley sprigs.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 223
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Potassium: 751mg
- Sodium: 561mg
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch,1 vegetable,1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2