- 3 tablespoon cornmeal, divided
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 16 ounces prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (see Shopping Tip)
- 1/2 cup sliced California Ripe Olives
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Position oven rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 425°F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet or coat it with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. cornmeal.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fennel, onion, bell pepper, garlic and fennel seeds; cook, stirring, until the vegetables begin to turn golden, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 7 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Divide the pizza dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, with a floured rolling pin, roll 1 piece of dough into an 11-inch circle; place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cornmeal.
Stir olives and cheese into the reserved vegetable mixture. Season with pepper. Spoon mixture over the prepared dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Roll remaining dough into an 11-inch circle and place over the filling. Press edges together, then roll to form a rim. Brush top with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon cornmeal.
Bake until the crust is browned and crisp, about 15 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 462
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 16g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Potassium: 399mg
- Sodium: 627mg
- Exchanges: 4 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2