- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk, (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces whole-wheat bowtie pasta
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 2 cups; see Tip)
- 2 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for cooking pasta.
Meanwhile, puree cottage cheese until smooth in a blender or mini food processor. Add buttermilk and oil; process until smooth. Scrape into a storage container and stir in dill, parsley, Parmesan, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Add peas and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
Place pasta and peas in a large storage container and toss with tomatoes and scallions. Season with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, toss salad with dressing.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 213
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Potassium: 217mg
- Sodium: 182mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2