February 6, 2013
Before you give your heart away on Valentine’s Day, make sure you find love for the most important person in your life – YOU! Get inspired by words of wisdom from some of the leading fitness experts about the importance of respecting your body and loving yourself.
This quote reminds me that you MUST take world-class care of your body every day. From breath-work to becoming breath-less, to focusing on rest and recovery and challenging yourself to great physical feats, we are often reminded of how fragile the body can be when you don’t take impeccable care of it.
- Todd Durkin, ACE-certified Personal Trainer, owner of Fitness Quest 10 and author of “The IMPACT Body Plan”. Visit www.ToddDurkin.com
If there’s one thing I hope people know about me it’s that I place far greater importance on improving my character and the strength of my integrity than any physical work. A great body does not equal a great person. Prioritize your efforts to find true balance! I’m not attracted to people because of their physique; I’m attracted to people who are dedicated to improving their own character.
- Chalene Johnson, ACE-certified Group Fitness Instructor, celebrity fitness trainer and New York Times Best-Selling Author. Visit www.chalenejohnson.com
This quote reminds me that living a healthy and fit lifestyle isn’t about looking a certain way or fitting into a certain size of clothing. Instead, it’s about feeling strong, inside and out!
- Jennipher Walters, ACE-certified Personal Trainer and Health Coach, and co-founder of Fit Bottomed Girls, LLC. Visit www.fitbottomedgirls.com
Confidence is all about loving yourself. Self-confidence helps you set larger goals and stay committed to finishing them. It’s what helps you define self-worth in a multi-dimensional way, as your beauty is not just about your looks, but also about you as a whole person—body, mind and spirit. Self-confidence fuels your desire to achieve your goals!
- Chris Freytag, fitness expert, ACE-certified Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor and Health Coach, and creator of the ACE HIIT DVD Series. Visitwww.chrisfreytag.com
A pain-free body is the one I choose to age in, as it’s not so important how I look when I’m in my 70s, 80s or 90s; it’s more important to be enjoying life in good health.
- Leslee Bender, ACE-certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor, graduate of Gray Institute and creator of The Bender Method of pain-free exercise. Visit www.bendertraining.com
I believe that from the most intense workout to just focusing on breathing, learning to work from the inside is what has helped me to grow both personally and professionally. Learning to define fitness from intrinsic self-worth instead of relying on external standards is what has helped to truly liberate me.
- Lawrence Biscontini, ACE Senior Group Fitness Consultant, award-winning Mindful Movement Specialist and author of the cookbook “Meals and Musings”. Visit www.findlawrence.com
We love this because so many people tend to focus on parts of their life or parts of their body they cannot change, but when they let go of it, it allows them to embrace the things they CAN change and have a truly positive impact.
- The Nutrition Twins®, Lyssie Lakatos and Tammy Lakatos Shames, ACE-certified Personal Trainers, registered dietitians and authors of “The Secret to Skinny”. Visit www.NutritionTwins.com
This is the perfect mind-body inspirational quote from Tony Robbins. I love it because it’s a great reminder that all movement begins with a positive thought.
- Linda LaRue, RN, MEd, ATC, and creator of Core Transformer® 3D 1,000 Calorie Burn Workout. Visit www.LindaLaRue.com
I keep this quote in front of me wherever I am, as it not only reminds me to be kind to myself (whether I’m working out, ditching a workout, making smart food choices or indulging), but it also reminds me as a tour guide on others’ fitness journeys that we all have a different path. While I can’t convince people to get or stay on the road to wellness, if I remain curious, I can always listen and create conversation.
- Shannon Fable, ACE-certified Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor and Health Coach; president and CEO of GroupEx PRO, Balletone and Sunshine Fitness Resources. Visit www.shannonfable.com
Jessica Matthews Contributor
Jessica Matthews, MS, E-RYT500, is a well-known blogger and kinesiology professor at Point Loma Nazarene University. In addition to holding ACE Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor and Health Coach certifications, she is an experienced registered yoga teacher through Yoga Alliance. Jessica is regularly cited as a wellness expert by outlets such as CNN, Shape, Self and The Washington Post.More Blogs by Jessica Matthews »