- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour (see Note) or whole-wheat
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups prepared citrus fruit salad, (see Note)
Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 300°F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
Mix flour, sugar, butter, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Spread 1 tablespoon of batter into a 2 1/2-inch circle on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining batter, making 6 cookies per baking sheet, spacing them about 4 inches apart.
Bake the cookies until lightly browned around the edges, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom once halfway through, 16 to 18 minutes. Immediately and carefully transfer the cookies from the pan to a wire rack using a thin metal spatula. Let cool completely.
- Serving: Per serving (1 cookie, 1
- Calories: 128
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Potassium: 6mg
- Sodium: 15mg
- Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2