- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (see Note) or curry powder, mild or hot
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, (1 3/4-2 pounds), skin removed, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
Whisk yogurt, chutney and garam masala (or curry powder) in a medium bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Remove the chicken from the sauce and transfer to the prepared broiler pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Broil the chicken until the coating is charred in spots, 12 to 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over and continue cooking until it is slightly charred and cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes more.
Meanwhile, combine mango, onion, mint, vinegar, brown sugar and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Serve the chicken with the mango salad.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 289
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Potassium: 403mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Exchanges: 1 fruit, 4 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1