- 2 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 10-ounce p fresh spinach, torn, or 12 cups baby spinach
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked cheese, such as Gouda or Cheddar
Toast pecans in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring often, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Toss spinach and cucumber in a salad bowl.
Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add vinegar and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Immediately pour the dressing over the spinach and cucumber. Toss well and sprinkle with cheese and toasted pecans.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 164
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Potassium: 531mg
- Sodium: 183mg
- Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1