- 2 cups Grilled Tomatillo Salsa, (recipe follows)
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Make Grilled Tomatillo Salsa.
Preheat grill to high.
Rub steak with oil; season both sides with salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill rack (hold a piece of oil-soaked paper towel with tongs and rub it over the grate). Grill the steak until cooked to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer it to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak thinly across the grain and serve with Grilled Tomatillo Salsa.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 294
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fat: 16g
- Protein: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Potassium: 446mg
- Sodium: 313mg
- Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 vegetable
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1