- 1 pound wild salmon fillet, (see Ingredient Note), skinned (see Tip) and cut into 4 portions
- 2 teaspoons blackening or Cajun seasoning
- 1 small avocado, pitted
- 2 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
Oil grill rack (see Tip); preheat grill to high.
Rub salmon on both sides with blackening (or Cajun) seasoning. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Mash avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato and onion.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 414
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Potassium: 756mg
- Sodium: 775mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 1 fat (mono)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2