- 2 15-ounce c white beans, rinsed
- 3/4 cup fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs, (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut into thirds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound low-fat turkey kielbasa, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Put 1/2 cup beans in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add the remaining beans and set aside.
Toss breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add chicken in a single layer and cook until browned, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add rosemary, thyme and pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine, increase heat to high and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits, until the wine has reduced by about half, 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth, water, kielbasa, the reserved beans and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with the toasted breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Potassium: 631mg
- Sodium: 749mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1