- 2 1/4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Generous p sea salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla paste, (see Ingredient Notes) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 ounces (ab pecans, chopped and toasted (see Tip)
- 1 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 4 teaspoons cocoa nibs, (see Ingredient Notes)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
Thoroughly stir together confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, flour and salt in a large bowl. Beat in egg whites, one at a time, with an electric mixer on low speed. Add vanilla paste (or extract) and beat for 1 1/2 minutes on high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times. Fold in pecans, chocolate and cocoa nibs until evenly incorporated.
Spoon the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
Bake the cookies, in batches, in the center of the oven, until dry and glossy on the surface but soft in the centers when pressed, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Carefully transfer the cookies, on the paper or mats, to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving: Per cookie
- Calories: 119
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 62mg
- Sodium: 13mg
- Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1