- 3 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed of fat
Whisk coffee, vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, peppercorns and salt in a glass dish large enough for meat to lie flat. Add steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
Heat grill to high.
Remove steak from marinade (discard marinade). Lightly oil grill rack (see Tip). Place steak on grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain and serve.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Potassium: 284mg
- Sodium: 337mg
- Exchanges: 3 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0