- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika, preferably sweet Hungarian
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ounces peeled and seeded butternut squash, cut into 1-inch chunks (see Shopping Tip)
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place oil, garlic, paprika, cumin and salt in a food processor or blender and pulse or blend until smooth.
Place potato, sweet potato, turnip, rutabaga, carrots and squash in a roasting pan large enough to accommodate the pieces in a single layer. Toss with the spiced oil mixture until well combined.
Roast the vegetables, stirring once or twice, until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 235
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Potassium: 844mg
- Sodium: 461mg
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2