- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 medium bananas
- 1 almond or hazelnut biscotti, crushed (1/4 cup)
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt, or low-fat vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat four 1- to 1 1/2-cup gratin dishes or a shallow 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Combine brown sugar, water, rum (or lemon juice) and cinnamon in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer, stirring. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
Peel bananas and slice diagonally. Add to the sauce and toss to coat. Spoon into prepared dish(es). Sprinkle with biscotti crumbs. Bake gratins until bubbly, about 10 minutes. Serve hot or warm with a scoop of frozen yogurt (or ice cream).
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Potassium: 638mg
- Sodium: 77mg
- Exchanges: 2 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate
- Carbohydrate Servings: 4