- 2 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese, or feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar, or champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 3 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small head radicchio, halved, cored and each half quartered
- 1 8-ounce ca baby beets, drained
- 8 ounces New York strip (loin) steak, trimmed and cut into 2 portions
Preheat grill to high.
Place cheese in a medium bowl and mash it with the back of a spoon until creamy. Add vinegar, dry mustard, shallot, parsley, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in 2 teaspoons oil and whisk until blended.
Thread radicchio chunks and beets onto skewers and drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Rub steaks with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil. Season the steaks and skewered vegetables with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Grill the steaks 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill the vegetable skewers, turning frequently, until the radicchio is wilted and lightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a plate; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skewers. Serve steaks and vegetables with the sauce.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 335
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Potassium: 827mg
- Sodium: 460mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1