- 12 large dry sea scallops, (about 1 pound; see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 1/4 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, (about 3 slices), cut into 12 long strips
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces baby spinach
Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with lemon pepper. Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each scallop. Thread 3 scallops crosswise onto each skewer (securing the prosciutto to the scallop) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Broil until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon vinaigrette in a small bowl.
Place spinach in a colander and rinse under cold water. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add handfuls of spinach (with water still clinging to it) to the pan and cook, stirring, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the spinach and add to the medium bowl; toss to coat with the vinaigrette. Divide the spinach among 4 plates and top each portion with 3 scallops. Drizzle the scallops with the reserved vinaigrette.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 239
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Potassium: 782mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2