- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound , trimmed
- 4 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 leeks, trimmed, cleaned and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper or foil 12 inches by 16 inches. Fold in half to form an 8-by-12-inch rectangle, then cut into a half-heart shape as you would a valentine.
Place a chicken breast in the center of one half of each opened paper heart. Spread mustard evenly over chicken breasts. Distribute leeks, carrots and thyme over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Seal the packages and place them on a baking sheet.
Bake until the packages are puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. (Open one package to check that the chicken is no longer pink inside.) Transfer to individual plates and let diners open their own packages.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 169
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Potassium: 381mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2