- 4 slices whole-grain bread, torn into quarters
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano, or Parmesan cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a shallow 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place bread in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add garlic, oil and cheese; pulse to combine. Spread the seasoned breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, layer tomato slices in the prepared baking dish, sprinkling each layer with basil, pepper and salt. Bake the tomatoes for 10 minutes; sprinkle with the toasted breadcrumbs, and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Per serving
- Calories: 128
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Potassium: 255mg
- Sodium: 303mg
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1