Stability balls, tubing and steps are exceptional tools to utilize when training active older adults for balance, core strength, flexibility and muscular endurance. Specific considerations for this population and proper technique with clear and concise cues will be included. Discover the many advantages the ball can offer and the skills that can be acquired while having fun and staying fit!
- Define the older adult market and explain the needs of this market.
- List special considerations for this population.
- Design safe, effective and appropriate programming.
- List all nine health- and skill-related fitness components.
- Describe safe and effective use of small equipment in group setting.
- Describe an aging strong workout designed to improve quality of life.