By: Scott Josephson, MS, RD
About one in three females are diagnosed with osteoporosis. Guess what? Men, chronic dieters and some athletes are also at risk! Learn about the complications that can arise with this diagnosis, preventive treatments, exercise applications, bone physiology, risk factors, and dietary and pharmaceutical supplementation. If you are at risk, or if you know someone who is, you don't want to miss this course!
- Implement several beneficial aerobic and anaerobic fitness training protocols during osteopenia and/or osteoporosis
- Identify the components and symptoms of osteoporosis and describe the body’s role as it adapts to a variety of changes
- Identify numerous symptoms associated with osteoporosis and explain the roles of several therapeutic medications and alternative options during this stage
- Differentiate between the levels of osteopenia and osteoporosis and how osteoclasts can create issues ultimately leading to decreased bone density and performance
- Summarize the positive role of phytoestrogens and how they can help with symptoms of bone loss
- Determine specific osteoporosis testing modalities and protocols utilized for increased functionality, maintenance and prevention